I’m going to share with you proof of payment from Prolific Academic, how to add new currencies to your PayPal account, and a few tips to help you make the most of your membership.
If GBP is not on the list of currencies in your PayPal account, you won’t be able to get paid from Prolific.
This payment was recieved on May 7th, 2016.
It usually takes 4-5 days for me to recieve payments from Prolific Academic after requesting payment.
How to Add New Currencies to Your PayPal Account
Click on PayPal balance.
Click on Manage currencies. I can’t recall if it says Add currencies or something else if you never added another currency.
Choose British Pound from the dropdown menu and click Add Currency to finish. I’ve already added it, so it’s not there on the dropdown list in the image below.
All of your cashout attempts will fail if you don’t add GBP to your list of currencies. If you tried to cashout without doing this, you’ll have to contact support and have them send it again.
*When you want to convert your payment to your main currency, simply go back to the Manage Currencies page and use the currency exchange tool on the right.
I hope I’ve saved you from a headache. I actually got my PayPal account frozen while trying to find out how to add a new currency. It’s back to normal now, and I’ve learned my lesson: Don’t fiddle with anything in my PayPal account.
Tips for Using Prolific Academic
- Complete the prescreening questions right after joining so you can get as much targeted surveys as possible.
- Wait until you’ve reached £20 to avoid paying PayPal fees.
- When cashing out, expect the payment to arrive 5 days later rather than within 48 hours to avoid getting impatient.
- Do not duplicate a tab of an active survey in your browser or you may get instantly disqualified. I’m guessing that makes them think more than one person in your household is taking the same survey, and that is not allowed.
- Check for new surveys at least twice each day or every hour or so if you have the time.
- Don’t hold your breath waiting for an invite. I have taken a lot of surveys, but I’ve only ever recieved about 2 invites.
- Make sure you pay attention, read everything, and remember what you’ve read because you can get booted from a survey if you fail to provide basic information about the survey you are taking, if asked. For example, you were answering questions about a 17-year-old girl who lives with her mom, then right before the survey ends and you can collect your reward, you are asked if she lives with both her parents, her father, mother, etc.
- Do not cashout if you have not added GBP(British pounds) to your list of currencies in your PayPal account or else the payment will fail. If the payment fails, you’ll have to contact support to send it again.